Your mind is just a display of conditioning of your past, of thoughts, of things people have told you, things you've read, your own idea's, things you've watched on TV.... all of which changes.

Think back 10 years and you'll probably think; "Well, I thought I knew what was going on then, but now I'm 10 years older and now I REALLY know what's going on"

But of course, in another 10 years you'll feel like what you knew now was very immature.

We're constantly growing, therefore to trust your own mind is a mistake.
From: The Way of the Superior Man (by David Deida)

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Your brain WILL fuck you up

Your brain WILL fuck you up, all these negative beliefs, negative thoughts that hold you back. Don't fucking listen to it, it's NOT YOU. Do what you want, without holding back. Just don't think about it, your brain is your biggest enemy. JUST DO IT.

Whatever you want to say, say it.
Whatever you want to do, do it.

Your mind is just a display of conditioning of your past, of thoughts, of things people have told you, things you've read, your own idea's, things you've watched on TV.... all of which changes.

Think back 10 years and you'll probably think; "Well, I thought I knew what was going on then, but now I'm 10 years older and now I REALLY know what's going on"

But of course, in another 10 years you'll feel like what you knew now was very immature.

We're constantly growing, therefore to trust your own mind is a mistake.
From: The Way of the Superior Man (by David Deida)

Recent example I have: I was in class, scared of going for the It's On Moment (which basically is Mutual Hand Caressing), I was thinking about grabbing this chick's hand and playing with it. But....my brain was having an inner struggle:
- "JUST GO FOR IT MAN, GO FOR IT."
# "No, don't do it, what if other people see it? What if the teacher sees it. THEY'LL DRAW ATTENTION TO IT!"
- "JUST GO FOR IT MAN, ESCALATION HAS ALWAYS ENDED UP WELL FOR YOU"
# "No, don't do it... what if she rejects you? What if... what if... WHAT IF..."
- "JUST FUCKING DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT"
# "Okay, you know what, when she places her hand real close, THAT'S when you do it.. okay?"

Finally, my brain was compromising and got to a mutual agreement. I'm gonna do it.

- "Alright, you've had your way, her hands are relatively close to yours... fucking do it now!"
# "Nono, wait.. what if she thinks you're weird and you blow it with her?"
- "Dude... escalation is the way forward, even if she rejects you, you're still moving FORWARD. JUST DO IT"
# "Nonono, butbutbutbut, what if, what if, what if"


In the end I said: "Fuck you brain", and just did it. It took me a good 15-30 minutes. And I didn't concentrate at the class that was giving, I was just listening to my brain arguing.

So I did it anyway... and she reciprocated, started playing with my hands too. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment