Your mind is just a display of conditioning of your past, of thoughts, of things people have told you, things you've read, your own idea's, things you've watched on TV.... all of which changes.

Think back 10 years and you'll probably think; "Well, I thought I knew what was going on then, but now I'm 10 years older and now I REALLY know what's going on"

But of course, in another 10 years you'll feel like what you knew now was very immature.

We're constantly growing, therefore to trust your own mind is a mistake.
From: The Way of the Superior Man (by David Deida)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Life Purpose

After doing the exercise by Steve Pavlina called: "How to Discover Your Life Purpose in About 20 Minutes", I've come to this conclusion:

What is my true purpose in life?
Become the happiest I can be, by being truly comfortable with myself and my emotions.
And expressing myself so that others can connect with my essence without letting my fears or anyone else hold me back from expressing my core,
while inspiring others to do the same so that they feel the same good feelings as me.
So that someday when we all die, we'll have no regrets in the short and limited time we have on this earth.


It came awfully close to what Steve Pavlina's purpose was, only this was in my own words coming from myself, so there are a lot of different words used.

What is Steve Pavlina's true purpose in life?
To live consciously and courageously;
To enjoy, increase, and share peace, energy, passion, and abundance;
To resonate with love and compassion;
To awaken the great spirits within others;
And to fully embrace this present moment.


p.s.  I came to the conclusion by adding various sentences together that I have previously written and highlighted. (e.g. be happy, be an inspiration to others, etc). Also the end result didn't make me cry, but I did get this really strong emotional feeling in my gut when I wrote it. It made me feel really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment